Listen to a recorded conference call about the new renewal process. (The call was held on February 13, 2014.)
In the constantly changing contemporary work environment, the standard of best practices in volunteer management must remain at the highest level of expertise possible. Professionals in all fields are expected to be fully up-to-date in their chosen area of expertise. Employers and customers alike have high expectations of the services provided by certified professionals.
Renewal of the CVA credential is required every five years to demonstrate continuing professional development and to retain the right to use the professional appellation, CVA.
The 2014 Renewal Fee is $135 USD. Electronic credit card payments are accepted via PayPal. The fee may also be sent to CCVA by check.
Announcing New CVA Renewal Options and Requirements
As of January 2014 an updated set of Renewal Guidelines are in effect.
The new requirements are designed to:
- include a full range of activities that are relevant to today’s trends and technology
- provide a balanced approach between passive “head learning” and “experiential” activities
- respond to specific suggestions from renewing CVAs
- provide flexibility and meaning for the required written component
- emphasize the continuing importance of professional ethics
Specific changes include:
- additional categories for earning PDUs
- expanded explanations for what activities are eligible for PDU credit
- a required professional reflection essay
- details about what type of documentation is needed
- more user-friendly tracking forms
- 20% Early Bird discount on fee if materials are submitted by June 30 of the renewal year
Download the new Guidelines and new Tracking Forms (if you want to print and fill out). The new electronic fillable version of the tracking forms allows you to save your data if you use Adobe Reader 8 or later.
A side-by-side comparison of the Old and New requirements and options is also available.
SPECIAL NOTE: To ensure a fair and flexible period of transition, those due to renew in 2014 and 2015 have the option of using either the former Guidelines and former Tracking Forms or the new 2014 versions.